26 de novembro de 2010


Celine: I was thinking. For me it's better I don't romanticize things as much anymore. 
I was suffering so much all the time. 
I still have lots of dreams, but they're not in regard to my love life. It doesn't make me sad, it's just the way it is.

Jesse: Is that why you're in a relationship with somebody who's never around?

Celine: Yes, obviously, I can't deal with the day to day life of a relationship. Yeah, we have, you know, this exciting time together and then he leaves and I miss him, but at least I'm not dying inside. When someone is always around me, I'm like suffocating!

Jesse: No, wait, you just said that you need to love and be loved...

Celine: Yeah, but when I do, it quickly makes me nauseous! It's a disaster. I mean, I'm really happy only when I'm on my own.  
Even being alone... it's better than sitting next to a lover and feeling lonely.  
It's not so easy for me to be a romantic. You start off that way, and, after you've been screwed over a few times, you... You forget about all your delusional ideas, and you just take what comes into your life. That's not even true, I haven't been screwed over, I've just had too many bla relationship. They weren't mean, they cared for me, but they were no real connection, or excitement. At least, not from my side. 

Jesse: God, I'm sorry, is it... Is it really that bad? It's not, right?

Celine: You know? It's not even that, I was... I was fine. Until I read your fucking book! It stirred shit out from you, it reminded me how genuinely romantic I was, how I had so much hope in things and now it's like I don't believe in anything that relates to love, I don't feel things for people anymore. In a way, I put all my romanticism into that one night and I was never able to feel all this again. Like, somehow this night took things away from me and I expressed them to you and you took them with you! It made me feel cold, like if love wasn't for me! 

Jesse: I... I don't believe that. I don't believe that.

Celine: You know what? Reality and love are almost contradictory for me. 

Conversation between Celine and Jesse in Before sunset

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Beijos doces e coloridos para quem fez a doçura de vir deixar um carinho... Lhe desejo mais amor, mais vida, mais felicidade!